Chicken and Kale Stir Fry
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 bunch kale ribs removed and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 teaspoons chopped basil
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Chop the next 5 vegetables into small pieces.
- Heat skillet to MEDIUM heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all vegetables (kale through broccoli), garlic and basil. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 more minutes, until vegetable are tender and chicken is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 402 Calories; 13g Fat (30.4% calories from fat); 56g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 170mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 2 at.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!