Brussels Sprouts and Chicken
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 1 cup arugula chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup acorn squash steamed, smashed
- In a large skillet heat the coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add chicken, Brussels sprouts, onion, and arugula and cook until softened, 3 to 4 more minutes. Add sage, salt, and pepper and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until all vegetables are soft.
- Serve the Brussels mixture hot over the squash.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big tossed salad with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg-no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 216 Calories; 5g Fat (21.1% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!