Basil Lime Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients and thread each ingredient onto large skewers. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side until shrimp is opaque and cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 179 Calories; 6g Fat (28.3% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!