Balsamic Thyme Pork
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Slice pork into 8 crosswise pieces. Press each pork tenderloin slice to 1- inch thickness.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork quickly, cooking for 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat.
- Place cooked pork slices on serving plate, reserving drippings. Keep warm.
- Into the same skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (onions through black pepper). Cook over low heat about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add balsamic vinegar; stir to blend. Return pork slices to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Spoon onion mixture over slices. Cover and simmer 3-4 minutes until pork is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 171 Calories; 7g Fat (39.2% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 57mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!