Bacon Apple Kale Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups baby kale
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 medium green apple sliced
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large lemon zest and juice
- Stevia to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and discard all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon fat from skillet.
- Reduce heat to low. To the skillet, add the shrimp, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside with the bacon.
- In a large bowl, layer the kale, shallot, apples, bacon and shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (coconut milk through oil) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss and serve.
Serving Suggestion: N/A
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!