Avocado Salsa Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 1 poundmedium shrimp peeled and deveined
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- In a large crock cooker, place first 6 ingredients (shrimp through broth); stir to combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes and onion; salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a slotted spoon, arrange shrimp on a plate and remove the tails. Place in lettuce leaves and top with avocado salsa; wrap and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cucumber and Jicama Slaw: Julienne or slice cucumber and jicama into matchsticks. Place in a bowl then drizzle with honey, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste; toss well. NUTRITION: 230 Calories; 10g Fat (37.9% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 308mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!