Tuscan Pork Burgers
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese freshly grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 brioche hamburger buns grilled
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 large avocado peeled and smashed
- In a large bowl, add pork, lemon zest, rosemary, sage, garlic, cheese and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Form into 6 patties.
- On an outdoor or indoor grill heat olive oil over medium high heat and grill pork patties 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Serve on buns and top with tomato and avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans mashed instead of using ground pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure hamburger buns are gluten free. NUTRITION: 416 Calories; 19g Fat (40.2% calories from fat); 40g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 349mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!