Tomato Basil Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 3 14-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups diced cauliflower
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- In a large bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients (beef through dried basil). Form meat mixture into meatballs and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 3 minutes, until brown.
- To the pot, add the next 5 ingredients (coconut milk through basil) and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. When the sauce comes to a boil, uncover and let simmer for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and meatballs are cooked to medium or medium well. Stir in the kale, cover and turn off heat. Let greens get tender for 5 minutes then serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!