- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 14-oz. can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 15-oz. can plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 pound tomatillos husk removed and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 large flour tortillas
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sear pork for 3 to 4 minutes until golden.
- Place pork and next 8 ingredients (onions through cilantro) in slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours until vegetables are cooked through. Serve on warm tortillas
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and canned tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: 561 Calories; 28g Fat (45.7% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 522mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!