Slow Cooked Cabbage Sausage Soup
- 1 pound ground nitrate free sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 2 14-oz. cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the sausage, garlic and onion. Sauté the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- In a large crock cooker, place the sausage mixture and the next 7 ingredients (cabbage through salt and pepper). Stir well and cover. Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- To the crock cooker, add the kale and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours, until the sausage is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!