Shallot Honey Drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 medium shallots
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1/2 cup Paleo BBQ sauce*
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1 large head cabbage chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except drumsticks and cabbage. Puree until smooth.
- Place drumsticks and cabbage in a roasting pan and heavily saturate with honey mixture. Place in oven and roast for an hour. Baste with cooking juices after about 30 minutes then finish roasting.
- Serve with cooking juices.
- *You want a sauce that is less than 7 grams of sugar per serving--less is best! Personally, I use Stubbs, but here's a list to help you out.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!