Rosemary Lemon Steak and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound beef steak chopped, cut of your choice
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, place all ingredients; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender and vegetables are cooked.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels Sprouts – Cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then thinly slice, cut sides down. In a skillet, sauté in olive oil and ghee over medium heat until tender; toss with salt and pepper to taste and a dash of ground nutmeg. NUTRITION: 337 Calories; 20g Fat (54.7% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 58mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!