Pork with Apples and Onions
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted and divided
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples cored and sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large onion sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 pound pork tenderloin
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and next 8 ingredients (apples through vinegar).
- Cut 5 slits into pork tenderloin and push a clove of garlic into each. Rub remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and place in roasting pan then season with salt and pepper. Pour apple mixture into roasting pan on all sides.
- Place in oven and roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until tenderloin reaches 160 degrees. Serve with a scoop of apples, cauliflower and onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!