Pork Chops with Cucumber Sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 4-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- sea salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Cooking spray
- Combine 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, oregano, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and garlic in a zip-top plastic bag. Add pork to bag, and seal.
- Marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature, turning after 10 minutes. Combine remaining vinegar and olive oil with the greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon dill, and sea salt to taste, stirring well with a whisk. Cover and chill.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion. Sprinkle tomato mixture with sea salt to taste; toss to combine.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove pork from bag, and discard marinade. Sprinkle both sides of pork evenly with sea salt.
- Add pork to pan, and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove pork from pan, and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Place tomato mixture on each of plates, and top each serving with 1 pork chop and about 3 tablespoons yogurt mixture.
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure red wine vinegar is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 224 Calories; 8g Fat (33.9% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 71mg Cholesterol; 87mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; ½ Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!