Marinated Greek Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 large red onion quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a medium bowl, coat chicken in 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Marinate 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Discard marinade and thread skewers alternating chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skewers on grill and baste occasionally with the olive oil-lemon mixture, until the chicken is just cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food process until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 340 Calories; 16g Fat (42.4% calories from fat); 40g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 583mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!