Linguine with Tomato Pesto
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 cup black olives pitted
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine pasta cooked according to package directions
- In a food processor or blender, add tomatoes, garlic, olives, basil, olive oil, vinegar, almonds, 1/2 cup cheese and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Blend 1 to 2 minutes until combined.
- Toss warm pasta with pesto and top with remaining cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Caprese salad (layer sliced beefsteak tomatoes, sliced mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves; sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure black olives, balsamic vinegar and linguine are gluten free. NUTRITION: 567 Calories; 23g Fat (34.6% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 71g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 24mg Cholesterol; 392mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!