- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 15-oz. cans coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and sear chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden.
- In a large slow cooker, add chicken and remaining ingredients (onion through pepper) cook on low for 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken thighs and adjust cook time if necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and coconut milk is gluten free. NUTRITION: 305 Calories; 28g Fat (78.9% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 193mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!