Indian Spiced Roasted Chicken and Brussels
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 to 4 pound chicken gizzards and neck removed
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (salt through cardamom). Then rub chicken down with the ghee, make sure to get it everywhere even under the skin over the breast.
- Season evenly with spice mixture and transfer to a roasting pan, breast side up surrounded by the Brussels sprouts.
- Place chicken in oven and cook for 60 to 90 minutes or until the thickest part of the breast is cooked through.
- After the first 30 minutes of roasting, lightly tent pan with foil and continue cooking. Once done, remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- It never hurts to add some of those cooking juices over the top!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!