Grilled Steak Panzanella Salad
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound crusty country bread cut into cubes
- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup black olives pitted, halved
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large bowl, add steak, 1 tablespoon olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add bread, tomatoes, olives, red onion, cucumber, capers, vinegar, basil, remaining olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Serve steak with salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked russet potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bread, black olives, capers and balsamic vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 534 Calories; 29g Fat; 35g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 543mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!