Grilled Pineapple Hamburgers
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- garlic powder to taste
- 16 slices bacon
- Wooden toothpicks
- Combine beef, onion, barbecue sauce, and garlic powder to taste.
- Line grill rack with tin foil and preheat to medium heat.
- Make 8 (4-ounce) patties. Lay each patty onto 2 crisscrossed slices of bacon. Wrap the ends of the bacon slices over the burger and use a toothpick to hold it in place.
- Shut lid and cook for 20 minutes. Take off grill and put on plate to rest for 5 minutes. Each person will have 2 patties for a serving.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure barbecue sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 752 Calories; 58g Fat (70.7% calories from fat); 47g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 188mg Cholesterol; 740mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 7 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!