Grilled Orange Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- large bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a large bowl, toss together first 7 ingredients (chicken through salt and pepper). On large skewers, thread the seasoned chicken then place on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- In a food processor, add the cauliflower; pulse until crumbly. Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Remove chicken from skewers and add to the cauliflower; sprinkle with coconut aminos.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Green Bean Salad – Steam green beans till tender-crisp; drain and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic and gingerroot, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add green beans and slivered almonds; toss to coat. NUTRITION: 182 Calories; 9g Fat (44.9% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 114mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!