Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 2 large avocados peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 serrano chili diced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- In a medium bowl, add lemon juice and zest, cumin, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chicken and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, grill chicken over medium high heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, add tomatoes, avocados, onion, chili, lime juice, remaining olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Serve chicken with salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 461 Calories; 21g Fat; 57g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 168mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!