Garlicky Rosemary Roast Beef and Greens
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 to 3 pound eye of round roast beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cups chopped collard greens
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 5 tablespoons ghee
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Season roast with salt and pepper and quickly brown in skillet. Transfer to a roasting pan, with the collards in the bottom in a single layer, and rub down with garlic and rosemary.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes per pound or until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Once done, remove from oven and roasting pan, allow meat to rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Scoop out the collards and set aside.
- Place roasting pan over a couple burners on stove top, turn heat to medium high on both burners. Add ghee and broth to the pan. Bring to a boil and whisk up all the good bits on the bottom. After sauce reduces by nearly half, serve over beef and collards.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!