Fresh Vegetables and Turkey Skillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup fresh trimmed green beans
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fire-roasted tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot add in the ground turkey and break it up until it's in small pieces. Once the turkey is almost cooked through add in the onion and garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute and then add the next 7 ingredients (zucchini through oregano). Cook for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Top the turkey and vegetable mixture with the shredded cheese. Put the skillet in the oven and broil it just until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies, salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 195 Calories; 10g Fat; 17g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain; 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!