Crisp Summer Squash and Beef Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound beef steak cut of your of choice, chopped
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 cups chopped summer squash
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until onion has cooked down and garlic is fragrant. Add chopped steak; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (broth through thyme). Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until beef is cooked to desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender-crisp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 326 Calories; 24g Fat (64.9% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 64mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!