Chicken with Mango Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon diced onion
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 large green apple diced
- 1 large mango diced
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Stir 1 cup apple juice, honey, onions, fresh garlic, and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste in a sauté pan. Add the chicken to the pan, put the lid on and bring the liquid to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once it starts to boil, turn heat to low and continue cooking for 15 minutes with the lid on. Turn the chicken occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup of apple juice and continue simmering for another 15 minutes on low or until fully cooked, turning the chicken occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Italian dressing, lime juice, orange juice, fresh garlic, and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Combine green apple, mango, red bell pepper, onions, and cilantro in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salsa ingredients and stir to coat. Serve the chicken tenders on a bed of rice topped with the apple mango salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Italian dressing is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 335 Calories; 6g Fat (16.6% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 44mg Cholesterol; 132mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!