Blackened Honey Shrimp Veggie Pasta
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed,
- Combine broth, honey, mustard, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini and squash into thin strips using a mandolin.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add red bell pepper and cook until edges are slightly blackened. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add honey mustard mixture, zucchini, and squash. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until cooked down and shrimp is opaque. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and mustard are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 245 Calories; 7g Fat (25.4% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 310mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrate.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!