Balsamic Orange Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey; cook, breaking up with a spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add next 5 ingredients (carrot through balsamic vinegar); cook and stir for 5 to 10 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, arrange turkey mixture in lettuce leaves; sprinkle with cilantro then roll up and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Kale Taboulli - In a large bowl, toss together chopped baby kale, green onions, fresh parsley and mint along with grated cauliflower, cherry tomato halves, minced garlic, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil; salt and pepper to taste. NUTRITION: 227 Calories; 13g Fat (51.6% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 132mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!