Bacon and Broccoli Pot Roast
- 1/2 pound nitrate free bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 pound chuck roast
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped collard greens
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- Scatter bacon on bottom of a crock cooker.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season roast with salt and pepper then brown in skillet for a few seconds to a minute per side. Then place on top of bacon. Place the broccoli and collards around the sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients (garlic through broth). Pour all over roast and veggies, then cover with the lid.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the roast is tender and falling apart and the veggies are tender. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!