Arugula Bacon Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add chopped bacon. Cook for 10 minutes or until very crisp and brown; transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the bacon with the next 4 ingredients (arugula through tomato).
- Prepare dressing: In a blender, process remaining ingredients (avocado through salt and pepper) until smooth; pour dressing over salad then toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Asparagus-Egg Salad - Cook asparagus al dente; drain and place on a plate to cool. In a small bowl, whisk together white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste; drizzle mixture over asparagus then garnish with grated hard-boiled egg(s). NUTRITION: 605 Calories; 50g Fat (73.7% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 1374mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; ½ Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!