Zesty Shrimp and Squash Kabobs
- 1 pound shrimp deveined and shelled
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 large summer squash chopped
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients (shrimp through basil) and thread each ingredient onto large skewers.
- Place skewers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side until shrimp is opaque and cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 187 Calories; 6g Fat (26.9% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 173mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!