Vegetable Beef Bisque
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups broccoli rabe chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon rosemary minced
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- 4 cups kale chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds browned ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup sauerkraut drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the first 5 ingredients (cauliflower through rosemary) using half of the oil.
- On a large baking sheet, pour the contents of the bowl and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, stir and bake for 5 minutes, until cauliflower and broccoli rabe are brown on the outside and tender-crisp.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat the remaining oil. To the oil, add the leek and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. To the leek mixture add the roasted cauliflower and the next 2 ingredients (kale through beef). Stir and cover. Cook for 10 minutes, until soup is heated through. Stir in coconut milk and Sauerkraut and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!