Turkey Zucchini Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 large zucchini shredded with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 large avocado mashed
- Heat grill to high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (turkey through basil). Form turkey mixture into patties.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until the center of the burgers are no longer pink.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the vinegar, zucchini, spinach and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook 5 minutes, until tender.
- Layer lettuce, burger, zucchini and avocado and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby carrots. NUTRITION: 292 Calories; 21g Fat (62.4% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!