Turkey with Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1 1/4 cups diced sweet potato
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large oven safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for 10 minutes.
- To the skillet add onions and yellow peppers and cook until onions are golden brown. To the skillet add sweet potatoes, cover the skillet and cook until they are tender stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- When the sweet potato is tender, add shredded mozzarella cheese and place the skillet in the oven to melt the cheese. When the cheese melts, remove from the oven and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 340 Calories; 20g Fat (52.9% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 102mg Cholesterol; 173mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!