Turkey and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry in a Balsamic Reduction Sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large boneless skinless turkey breast chopped
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1 large sweet potato chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (turkey through salt and pepper).
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is cooked through and sweet potato is tender. Remove turkey mixture from the skillet.
- To the skillet, add the remaining 5 ingredients (balsamic vinegar through cilantro) and reduce heat to low.
- Using a wooden spoon, deglaze the skillet, scrapping the bottom and stirring to incorporate remnants of the turkey mixture. Cook for 10 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Return turkey mixture to the pan, stir and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg -no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 314 Calories; 5g Fat (14.3% calories from fat); 50g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 170mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!