Sweet Potato Taco Skillet
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and diced
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ground turkey; cook for 5 minutes or until turkey has browned.
- Stir in next 5 ingredients (bell pepper through salt and pepper); cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (avocado through lime juice). Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cucumber and Jicama Slaw: Cut cucumber and jicama into matchsticks. Place in a bowl then drizzle with some honey, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper; toss well. NUTRITION: 348 Calories; 21g Fat (53.4% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 133mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!