Sweet Potato Coconut Fish Chowder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet potato
- 2 14-oz. cans full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 pound firm white fish fresh or frozen, cubed
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the sweet potato and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is slightly tender.
- To the pot, add the next 6 ingredients (coconut milk through coconut aminos). Stir and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes then reduce heat to low.
- To the soup, add the fish and simmer for 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 551 Calories; 36g Fat (57.6% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 484mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 7 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!