Sweet Cashew Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- To a large re-sealable bag, add the arrowroot powder, salt and pepper and chicken. Seal bag and squeeze out excess air. Turn bag over a few times to coat chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and brown on each side for 5 minutes.
- To a large crock cooker, add the chicken, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and the next 8 ingredients (coconut aminos through red pepper flakes).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, until chicken is very tender and cooked through.
- To the crock cooker, add the cashews and green onions, stir and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 364 Calories; 16g Fat (38.4% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 231mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!