Steak and Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups diced beef steak * cut of your choice
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- In a large food processor, pulse cauliflower until it resembles grains of rice; set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add next 4 ingredients (steak through salt and pepper).
- Stir-fry for 5 to 10 minutes or until beef reaches desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add eggs to the skillet; stir with a spatula until cooked. Return steak/vegetable mixture to the skillet then add green onions, coconut aminos and processed cauliflower.
- Reduce skillet heat to low; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of arugula and sliced radishes tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 389 Calories; 30g Fat (70.4% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 172mg Cholesterol; 108mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!