Spicy Grilled Chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining 9 ingredients (lime juice through chili powder) together using a whisk.
- Add chicken and stir to coat evenly. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Brush a small amount of oil on the surface and place chicken thighs on grill.
- Add the garlic, cilantro, and jalapeño from the mixture on top of the chicken and grill them until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides.
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 481 Calories; 36g Fat (68.7% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 151mg Cholesterol; 768mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!