Spiced Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 medium green onions chopped
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 large avocado sliced
- Add the ground turkey, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, coriander and green onions to a large bowl and stir to mix. Form into burger patties.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and cook the burgers for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the burgers over sliced tomato, spinach, and avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 266 Calories; 17g Fat (57.4% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 363mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!