Slow Cooked Pork Chops with Mango Salsa
- 4 large pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or homemade
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- In a large crock cooker, place first 6 ingredients (pork chops through broth).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until pork chops are cooked through.
- Prepare Mango Salsa: In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (mango through garlic). Pour salsa over pork chops and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper on the side. NUTRITION: 326 Calories; 18g Fat (50.7% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 194mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!