Slow Cooked Chicken Thigh Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups sliced wild mushrooms or use white button
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups baby spinach
- In a large crock cooker, place the first 9 ingredients (chicken through rosemary) and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. To the crock cooker, place the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook for another 1 to 2 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (1/2 head cauliflower, 1/2 tablespoon butter, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste: Directions: Steam cauliflower until tender. In a large bowl, add steamed cauliflower, butter, salt, and pepper. Mash together until resembling mashed potatoes.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!