Seared Tuna with Mixed Greens and Coconut Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound tuna fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 1/3 cup shredded radish
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups diced celery
- 2 1/2 cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 large shallot minced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the ghee.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper. Sear fish in the skillet for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, until tuna is cooked to desired level of doneness. Remove and allow to cool then slice.
- In a large bowl, toss the tuna with the lettuce, onion, radish, kale and celery.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: N/A
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!