- 1 tablespoon olive oil melted
- 2 medium shallots finely chopped
- 2 small jalapeños seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened tomato paste
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 2 1/2 cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 pound firm fleshed white fish cubed
- 1 pound shrimp 16/20 sized, peeled and deveined
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 14-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons toasted unsweetened coconut
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat until hot. Sauté shallots, jalapenos and ginger in hot Oil for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomato paste, stir, and cook 1 minute. Add chicken broth and coconut milk and stir to combine ingredients. Over medium heat bring liquid to a gentle boil.
- Add next 6 Ingredients (cauliflower through coconut). Stir to combine ingredients. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish, and shrimp are fully cooked.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!