- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 beer or use 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add chicken to the crock cooker. Top with salsa and beer, and sprinkle with cumin and generous pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the chicken so that both sides are coated. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high heat.
- The chicken is ready when it shreds easily. Shred with a fork in the crock cooker and toss with the juices.
- Serve hot immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa and beer (or chicken broth) gluten-free. NUTRITION: 468 Calories; 14g Fat (28.3% calories from fat); 68g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 286mg Cholesterol; 869mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!