Pot Roast Meal
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3- pound chuck roast
- 4 large carrots peeled and chunked
- 2 large potatoes peeled and chunked
- 1 large onion peeled and chunked
- 2 stalks celery cut and chunked
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine the first 7 ingredients (peppercorns through rosemary) for seasoning mix in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Coat both sides of meat with olive oil. Sprinkle a third of the seasoning mix onto each side. Sear both sides of meat in a large skillet over medium high heat. Transfer roast to crock cooker.
- Place carrots, potatoes, onions and celery in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil on to coat. Sprinkle on remaining seasoning. Add vegetables to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to the top of the roast in crock cooker. Pour in beef broth and cover with a lid. Cook for 6 hours on high.
- Put juices in a sauté pan and simmer. Whisk in cornstarch with water. Blend in juices and boil until thick.
- Put the meat on a platter and cover with gravy. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use Portobello mushrooms instead of chuck roast and adjust cook time as needed. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 519 Calories; 33g Fat (56.1% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 109mg Cholesterol; 1078mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!