Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin sliced into 2 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 large avocado peeled and chopped
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- In a large bowl, add pork, cumin, chili powder, honey, 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté corn 2 minutes. Place corn in medium bowl with pineapple, red onion, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeno, avocado and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet heat remaining olive oil over medium heat and sauté pork for 5 to 6 minutes until cooked through. Place pork and salsa on warm tortilla.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of pork tenderloin. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tortillas are gluten free. NUTRITION: 511 Calories; 22g Fat (38.2% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 86mg Cholesterol; 468mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!