Pork Roast with Five Spice Sauce
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or use soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds center cut pork roast well-trimmed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 tablespoon ghee melted
- 6 cups bok choy shredded
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups canned coconut milk
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- Preheat and oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients (chicken broth through garlic powder). With a pastry brush, coat pork on all sides with mixture. Season pork on all sides with salt, pepper, and five spice powder.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven 25 to 30 minutes for medium well pork or until desired doneness.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the ghee over medium heat until hot. To the pan add bok choy and cabbage.
- Cook, stirring often, until tender crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and coconut milk. Stir and cook 2 minutes more. Serve pork sliced over sautéed bok choy mixture and carrots.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (1/2 head cauliflower, 1/2 tablespoon butter, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste: Directions: Steam cauliflower until tender. In a large bowl, add steamed cauliflower, butter, salt and pepper. Mash together until resembling mashed potatoes.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!