Pork and Veggie “Rice” Bowls
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli rabe
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or use soy sauce
- 4 cups minced cauliflower florets steamed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- In a large skillet or wok, heat coconut oil over medium heat. To the oil, add the next 4 ingredients (pork through onion) and sauté for 5 minutes, until pork starts to brown.
- To the pork mixture, add the broccoli, kale and spinach and saute for 10 minutes, until pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon zest with the coconut aminos and pour over the pork mixture. Stir and turn the heat to the lowest setting to keep the stir fry warm.
- In a large bowl, stir in the cilantro and lime zest and serve with the warm stir fry.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Green Beans (1 pound green beans, trimmed, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 tablespoon curry powder, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 1 tablespoon slivered almonds: Directions-Steam green beans till tender-crisp; drain and set aside to cool.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!